Friday, November 1, 2013

From My Heart

There is so much I don't know. Life is so big, and I am so small. I look at circumstances and wonder how things can possibly work out. But you know what? I serve a big God. My Lord “upholds the universe by the word of His power.” (Hebrews 1:3)

He is bigger than everything I face.
He is bigger than all of the details which somehow have to come together just right.
He is bigger than my sinful heart, and my propensity to fail.
He is bigger than the storms.
He is bigger than the hurt.

The unknowns are big, but He is bigger.
The challenges are big, but He is bigger.
My questions are big but He is bigger.
The enemy is big, but He is bigger.

And this is the One who loves me. Who died for me. Who lives in me.

He calls me to follow, and He makes a way. Nothing is impossible for Him. How can I ever doubt, for when has He ever been anything but faithful to me? How can I not worship when I see what He has given me, in this world, but most of all in Himself? How can I not trust Him when I look back over my life and see His faithfulness again and again and again? He is God and I am not. It's only when I realize that, when I let go of control, when I am willing to not know how everything will play out, that I know I am safe.


Dear Lord, may I never want anything more than Your will, and may I never live for anything less.  

No comments: