Monday, June 24, 2013

Poem- "Worry"

Worry is a definite weakness of mine. It is so easy for me to dwell on what may happen and grow anxious, instead of trusting in the loving control of my King.  Corrie Ten Boom said, “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.” That is so true! If I'm imagining everything that may happen, or being stressed over circumstances, I'm trying to take my life into my own hands. That never goes well, because I can't change anything- I can only make myself miserable! More than that, it is sinful. When faced with worry, I have to choose to remember who is truly in control, and trust His perfect plan.

"Worry"


Worry is an enemy

That seeks my joy to steal.
It tries to take my eyes off Christ,
And on to what I feel.

If I cling to worry,
All peace is quickly gone.
An anxious heart will soon drown out
All loving, trusting song. 

Have I forgotten Who's in charge
And orchestrates all things?
Do I think that He who died for me
Won't care what my life brings?

A trial or chance of sorrow 
Presents me with a choice.
Will I dwell on what might happen,
Or listen to His voice?

Instead of anxious wond'ring
About what the future holds,
May I ever trust my God,
As He His plan unfolds.



"For the righteous will never be moved; he will be remembered forever. He is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm, trusting in the Lord."
Psalm 112:6-7

No comments: